• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wats best 60mm fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

i am looking for the most powerful 60mm fan for a heatsink. At least i thinmk that it is a 60 mm. I recently busted open an old 166mhz pentium pc and decided to remove the heatsink and jam it onto something......., i was wondering if any of u guyz might have this heatsink, just in case a 60mm does not fit. It is bhlue, but i am not sure if it came wit da processor

I would love to give a pic, but i cant at the time, cuz my camera aint wit me right now

Did you mean to say this 60mm fan is going on the Pentium heatsink? Just buy a low profile 60mm. That is like overkill for it considering chipset heatsinks + 40mm fans cooled Pentium Pro's. You will NOT I repeat NOT like the Delta 50. That thing is the whinest thing I've ever heard, it is the loudest mofo because of it's size and the amount of air it pushes.

Yodums

I am sorry i didnt read your post more closly. I thought you said a 1666 pentium and thought you were shooting for a big overclock or such. I actually have one of those blue heatsinks and a 20ish cfm fan is more than enough. Any more and you see hardly any benefit since it cant use the extra cfm. If you are cooling say a northbridge or video card maybe then a slim 60mm 20ish cfm fan would still be fine and not wake your parents up...from the other side of the house..on different levels of the house..Hearing protection is almost a must if your computer is close to you and or have a small room. They really are that bad. Sorry about the 50cfm fan...it is "the best" as in the fastest..but at hairdrier~vacuum cleaner levels of noise almost and high high pitch. Hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

maybe if you told us what you were planning on doing with it we could give you some better suggestions?

I am gonna use it to.......COOL MY FORHEAD!

No, not really, im actually gonna use it to cool my video card

You would probably be best served by some 60mm low profile (10mm thick or so) fan. CPU heatsinks of any kind are much better than any of the video card coolers so you're starting to reach overkill anyway.

If you want the best airflow/noise compromise, I'd recommend the Delta 30CFM fan. It's got decent airflow without the loud whine of the 6800+ RPM fans.

is it really nearing overkill if i am gonna cool it with a CPU heatsink designed for a 166mhz pentium?

Back