• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid card problems when CPU overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

well as you see I have the CPU unlocked and at 2gigs when I play a game out of the blue the game stops and I'm back at my desktop screen if I lower the clocking to about 1926 it wont do that anyone have any idea why my vid card is doing this again it only hapends when playing a game never when just urfing on doing other thing on my comp.

Seems to me you may need more voltage on the ram due to the fact you are running 1 gig of it and probably at a very high FSB. Is your video card overclocked? Sometimes video card may not like high AGP Bus + being overclocked at the same time.

Try playing around with timings and see if that helps and trying different drivers.

How are you determining system stablity? I recommend Prime95 Torture Tets.

Yodums said:
Seems to me you may need more voltage on the ram due to the fact you are running 1 gig of it and probably at a very high FSB. Is your video card overclocked? Sometimes video card may not like high AGP Bus + being overclocked at the same time.

Try playing around with timings and see if that helps and trying different drivers.

How are you determining system stablity? I recommend Prime95 Torture Tets.

well the vid card is not over clocked its running stock I didnt want to test it out yet my Maze3 and core should get here tomorrow and after installing the W/C kit i will run tests on I want to try and go a bit higher with it my settings now are at 2gigs

12.5x
160/32
1.850vcore

gives me 2000.3

I wonder if running your AGP Bus under spec would be more of a problem than running it above spec. Try this as a test; 166x12 = 1920. See if you have any problems then. That is perfect spec with the 1/5 divider kicking in. Try the video and sound section for the best drivers avaliable for your card. Again use Prime95 to test your stablity, and make sure your ram isn't creating a problem.

Yodums

Yodums said:
I wonder if running your AGP Bus under spec would be more of a problem than running it above spec. Try this as a test; 166x12 = 1920. See if you have any problems then. That is perfect spec with the 1/5 divider kicking in. Try the video and sound section for the best drivers avaliable for your card. Again use Prime95 to test your stablity, and make sure your ram isn't creating a problem.

Yodums
if I run it at

12.5x
1.850v
it gives me 1932 the vid card gives me no problem at that speed its only at 2000 that it clicks off any game I play I could play for an hr and then it just clicks off the game and I'm on my desktop.

What is your 5v rail at load? You need to find your rails at load by using Prime95 which I've mentioned. Those GeForces 4 will eat up power from the 3.3v and 5v and if your lines are too low and fluctuate that can be a problem.

Back