• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does not play well with others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Hey all,

Just some FYI from my recent folding experiences. I'm running a W2K adv. server network with W2K pro machines and just started using the Console version of the client to see if I pulled any gains in speed.

I have tried, to no avial, for a four or five days now to achieve some kind of stability in the output of the folding rigs. It seems the Client and Task Scheduler in W2K does not play well together.

Every morning that I have rolled into work there have been folding clients down (just the program, not the box itself) and I've had to go into TA and hit "run" for the F@H client.

Not sure why this is happening as everything is set up correctly (admin password, do not turn off service etc.) and it all worked well when I was using the graphical client.

So I'm going back to the graphical client as we speak. It runs as behind the scenes anyway so the graphics will not slow the folding down.

It could be something to do with the fact that the graphical client doesn't make any registry entries, I'm not sure. It might be the new version, SP3 for W2K, or any number of other conflicts that cause the client to quit.

In any case, I'm going back to the graphical client.

Fold on,
Wedo

Thank you for the information Wedo. I had problems too when I tried to use F@H and Task Scheduler on WinXP. It just never starts up properly. For me, I installed EMIII instead and forgot about Task Scheduler.

I have XP pro on my home rig and the console client did not play well with that either. I reinstalled the graphical client and all is well.

Wedo

I had one of my W2K computers have a problem like that. On a whim I added the everyone group to the permissions and it worked fine.

Back