• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SHDN in MBM5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

:( I tried to setup the SHDN command in Motherboard Monitor, however it won't let me select it; it isn't grayed out or anything. Any ideas? :eh?:

Go to their website and look on their extensions page. There are quite a few programs there that shutdown your computer (I'm using Shutdown.exe)... all you have to do is tell MBM to start an application when it hits the alarm and point it towards the program you choose. You can probablly also write your own little batch program that uses command.com commands to do it, but I haven't found the right command yet with WinXP... I only did this in Win98, but someone more knowledgable could likely do it in a snap.

Believe or not, that is to use the pgroam called 'SHDN' :p
Do a search and download it, then you can set the option to use it.

Excellent program, can force restarts etc, very good.

No wonder why it didn't work. :p I kinda need it installed first. ;) I thought it was a built in program with MBM5; you can tell I've never heard of it before. :)

Anyone know where I can download this from?

msmasitti said:
Sweet, thanks for the link; I'll be trying this as well. :)q

MP, but I cant figure it out.

I go into MBM5 > LAUNCHER > Select the shdn.exe > and then set the temperature.

When MBM5 hits the temperature, it open the program, but I cant get it to shutdown.

Gandalf said:

MP, but I cant figure it out.

I go into MBM5 > LAUNCHER > Select the shdn.exe > and then set the temperature.

When MBM5 hits the temperature, it open the program, but I cant get it to shutdown.

Go a little bit below that; there is a checkbox for "SHDN". ;)

I just figured out how to do this on my box without using shutdown now!

go here and download the program.

Put it somewhere, then in mbm, tell it to start application shutdown.exe, and start it with the flags "-u -f"

This way you won't need to register shutdown now! (which will stop working after a couple weeks).

hope this helps

hooziewhatsit said:
I just figured out how to do this on my box without using shutdown now!

go here and download the program.

Put it somewhere, then in mbm, tell it to start application shutdown.exe, and start it with the flags "-u -f"

This way you won't need to register shutdown now! (which will stop working after a couple weeks).

hope this helps

NICE!

I just found out how to work SHDN, the little check box is in the temperature part.

Ill try shutdown.exe! :D

Back