• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD at 2880Mhz!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah but they said it was stable only at 2666 or so. i dont like thg anyway, they are probably lying to get hits... bleh.

I dont beleive its even stable at 2.67 all they did was get a screenshot of wcpuid at 2667mhz but no screenshots of any other benchmark.

jbslow said:
I dont beleive its even stable at 2.67 all they did was get a screenshot of wcpuid at 2667mhz but no screenshots of any other benchmark.
tomshardware has included that 2667Mhz setup in all benchmarks, so I guess it was quite stable.
However, at 2.2V, what is the expected lifetime of the cpu? A week? Or only just enough to finish the benchmarks?

mczak

According to Tom's, the chip is stable @ 2400 with 1.9v, while h2ocooling system is employed. 2667 @ 2.2v is Tom's attempt to find out the absolute limit of that chip, and it is only feasible with “a special cooling technique,” which keeps the CPU to -41 degrees Celsius. It is never meant to be for daily business.

tainice said:
According to Tom's, the chip is stable @ 2400 with 1.9v, while h2ocooling system is employed. 2667 @ 2.2v is Tom's attempt to find out the absolute limit of that chip, and it is only feasible with “a special cooling technique,” which keeps the CPU to -41 degrees Celsius. It is never meant to be for daily business.

Yeah. Probably one of those crappy Maxxxpert freezers or something similar. The vote's still out on these things. I'm hoping for the best but not hoping too much.

mczak said:

tomshardware has included that 2667Mhz setup in all benchmarks, so I guess it was quite stable.
However, at 2.2V, what is the expected lifetime of the cpu? A week? Or only just enough to finish the benchmarks?

mczak

Good point. But what I found most amusing is the same old thing with Tom. He gets one cpu running at -41C and the other company's highest is an air colled one and does his comparison ;)

I don't like reading Tom's articles so I skipped to the overclocking. I'm guessing its hould be doing 2.3 - 2.45gigs on air with 1.85v any higher will require 2v. It should be doing 2.5gigs perhaps in the later steppings. The 2600+ maybe a choice for mad overclocking in the future due to the stepping progress (Like 1600+ now).

Yodums

Yodums said:
I don't like reading Tom's articles so I skipped to the overclocking. I'm guessing its hould be doing 2.3 - 2.45gigs on air with 1.85v any higher will require 2v. It should be doing 2.5gigs perhaps in the later steppings. The 2600+ maybe a choice for mad overclocking in the future due to the stepping progress (Like 1600+ now).

Yodums

Very True... It would be nice if he kept all thing the same...but still it is very very fast:burn:

Wommalong

they used liquid nitro or some sub zero cooling he stated that he just wanted to see hw for he could go on it.

2300-2500 ON AIR

2500-2700 ON WATER

2700---- AND UP

2880 mhz corrsponds to a 3600+ all i gatta say is DIE INTEL !!!

Yodums said:

Yodums

I am inclined to agree with Yodums on this one. 2.3 - 2.45 or so on air. 100mhz for water and tecs will pull another 100 or so. I would geuss Toms results at 2.6 to 2.7Ghz to be about right. A rare thing for Tom indeed.

Back