• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte ga-6vx7-4x mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elohim

(originally posted in Intel CPU's)

I am in need of some help. As some of you might or might not know, my motherboard comes with an option to add Voltage Magic (ie. to adjust cpu voltage) in steps of 10%. But my motherboard lacks that option and only has the small 'pads' on the motherboard, where the switches are supposed to be.
What I wanna know, before I dig out my soldering Iron, is;
What is the correct way to solder the connections, to gain the extra voltage.
The CPU is a celeron coppermine, currently running at 788mHz (so I would like to see how high I can get it..)

Analog Vcore setting vs. vid mod

Hi Elohim,
I had a similar setting on GA-6VTXE board. Soldered golden pins in the 10% holes and connected /soldered/ the corresponding pads together. Connected audio-wire / from a cd-rom/ to the pins. At the other end hooked 300 Om varistor. I'm getting smootly vcore from 1.5V to 2.0+.

However, I cannot discern how is this analog setting of Vcore working, and whether I am not tweaking other sensitive signals - Vref, AGTL?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Back