• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8IHXP: PCI Serial Controller Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geezer

Registered
Had to format HD and reinstall Windows ME. After installing all drivers on Gigabyte CDROM, Windows could not find the driver for PCI Serial Controller. Does anyone know where this driver might have gone?

Thanks for your help
Bob

As I understand it, a PCI serial controller is a communications port controller built into a modem. The Driver you're after, should be available from your pci Modem CD-ROM or modem website, & can be reinstalled. If you saved important driver files, before the reformat, you may be able to find it.

What pci modem are you using?

DeviLduck said:
As I understand it, a PCI serial controller is a communications port controller built into a modem. The Driver you're after, should be available from your pci Modem CD-ROM or modem website, & can be reinstalled. If you saved important driver files, before the reformat, you may be able to find it.

What pci modem are you using?

I got a *hardware* USR modem so I can use it with Linux. Thanks for the info. I will try to find the cdrom that came with the modem.

I really do appreciate your help:D

Bob

Back