• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.8GHz is the new C1 stepping???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah I said probably too.. but probably can cost me a $600 mistake if you get my drift.. Someone must know..

check the spec/speed here and find out the stepping

as of right now, intel only has Sspecs listed for CPU's running at 2.53 and slower, all are currently B0 stepping CPU's....
(does that mean the C1 steppings are not being shipped yet???)

but needless to say, check the Sspec updates before you buy.
and buy your CPU based on what Sspec it is, that way you can ensure you get C1 when they become avalible.

Originally posted by jay check the spec/speed here and find out the stepping

as of right now, intel only has Sspecs listed for CPU's running at 2.53 and slower, all are currently B0 stepping CPU's....
(does that mean the C1 steppings are not being shipped yet???)

but needless to say, check the Sspec updates before you buy.
and buy your CPU based on what Sspec it is, that way you can ensure you get C1 when they become avalible.

Man, that's why I love this site.

Thanks for the link...:)

Steve

Check out this page Look at the cpu, it's a C1 stepping as the default Vcore is 1.525V. It has Sspec code "SL6HL". Now that doesn't necessarily mean they all will be, but personally I'm pretty sure they will be. What would be the point in releasing a new cpu in an "old" stepping also?

Also take a look at the benchmarks, especially the SuperPi one. It seems they've improved "something". I've ordered one online already (and I do have a 2 week "full money back return time" should it by some odd chance be a B0 stepping), but as I live in Europe the chip probably won't make it here until mid September :(

is that even a real pic?
As the CPU's Sspec isnt found on intels webpage, searched for it HERE

I find this odd as intel is ussally always current with their CPU listing on thier web page

Of course it's real. But as Intel hasn't yet officially released the new batch of cpu's, they're not on the Sspec page yet. I bet they will be on monday though (official release date).

Back