• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend non TMD fan for ax478??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hi guys we just ordered a couple heatsinks slk-800 and ax478 from and we both bought y-tech fans 48cfm but I guess these fans sucks becuase their tdm fans. Does anyone know any good non tdm fans that are not loud...(i hate delta's)...Thanks ron...
are the megatronics fan non tdm?

Thanks Ron

sorry, whats tdm? or are you talking about the tip magnetic drive (TMD) fans? kinda confused because i dont think ive heard of a 48 cfm fan that uses the TMD.

my personal fave is the 80*80*25mm 50cfm sunon

For quiet, Id go with a Panaflo 39 CFM, 30 dB, or if you want to get extremely quiet, but with a low CFM rating, find a Papst. I believe all case fans other than those specific Y.S. Techs are non-TMD

---X--- said:
For quiet, Id go with a Panaflo 39 CFM, 30 dB, or if you want to get extremely quiet, but with a low CFM rating, find a Papst. I believe all case fans other than those specific Y.S. Techs are non-TMD

yeah, TMD is a new thing, only YS tech has them and i've only seen 2 models and both were 70mm

Yeah, I've the Mechatronics 80mm 53CFM fan and it's far quieter than the past Deltas I've owned. It's not quiet, but at least I can't hear it in the other room like I could the Deltas. It's not a TMD either.

Back