• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! A7V333 and athlonxp 2200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pipsquek

Registered
If anyone can help me please :) I just got my new asus a7v333 mobo and amd athlon xp 2200, set it all up put in the HD which is WD600 60GB 7200rpm, CD-RW, floppy, HSF and CPU. I have installed windows XP (which took a good 4 hours) on a clean install. Updated the Bios to 1011, I only have the video card in the machine G4 ti4600, but havent installed the drivers for it yet. the problem is that its running slow, really slow, the bios reconizes all of my hardware. It loads programs that should take a second to load but takes it 30 seconds. After windows starts up i watch the cpu performance and it hovers at 33% useage even about 15 minutes after startup. I havent received any error messages and the mobo beeps only once when i turn it on, which it says everyting is fine if it beeps once. So if anyone can help me get it up to speed please help :)

Check your FSB and memory timings and post them here. Also, considering that it took 4 hours for a WinXP install, perhaps your hard drive is not running at the correct interface speed (I'd imagine ATA100). Are you using the IDE cables that came with the mobo? Other cables might not allow full speed. If you have any cables that are known to run at ATA100, try using those and see if you have an improvement. Good luck.

Ok got it up to speed by enableing the level 1 and 2 cache in the bios but now i cannot install my video card drivers geforce 4 ti4600, when i click on accept license agreement it comes to a hault and blue screen pops up and then the machine resets

Ok when the CPU Level 1 Cache is disabled thats when my system is very slow, BUT i can install the video drivers but when I enable it i cant install the drivers but the system is up to par

Pipsquek said:
Ok when the CPU Level 1 Cache is disabled thats when my system is very slow, BUT i can install the video drivers but when I enable it i cant install the drivers but the system is up to par
In Bios.....
What FSB setting are you at and what are your memory timings?
Are you using the Turbo or Optimal setting? Also, is your Video Memory Cache mode set for USWC or UC (Set it for UC) And try disabling the AGP fastwrite Control

Last edited:
are these the drivers on the cd or some u downloaded??

if thier downloaded make sure they arent driver for other Oses like 98 and me

go to nvidia.com and download the 30.82 drivers for win xp . see if that helps

also did u install the motherboard via 4 in 1 drivers when win xp was finished ? you need to instal those first.

Back