• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to O/Cing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDninjaboy

Hi looking for some help. I just got my new watercooled puter together that i want to overclock. Its a 1.33Ghz athlon on a epox 8K3A+ board with 512Mb of pc2700. Just wondering how to go about overclocking it, right now I took the multiplier right up to 15X it says 133*15=2000Mhz but the puter really doesnt seem that fast. Now when I try to increase the FSB like i can get to about 145 with an 11 multiplier before it locks and i have to reboot to 1.33(133*10) any help would be greatly appreciated. Also is overclocking with the multiplier not as effective as with the FSB or is it just a theoretical increase sort of thing, you dont really get any speed with with the multiplier only when you increase the FSB??
thanks again:burn:

First off, Wcpuid is a great tool that tells what speed you are running at(fsb and multi). www.h-oda.com has it. Overclocking with the fsb will give you a bigger performance gain as opposed to multi overclocking, when you increase the fsb you are also speeding up the other components in your system(such as the ram). In the BIOS set the multi back to 10 or lower and start increasing the fsb. I would try going straight to somewhere around 170 fsb because there have been some compatibility issues around 140-160 fsb with the 8k3a. Remember to use a program like Prime 95 or Folding@Home to test the stability of your system.

Back