• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video lagging with ti4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

Look at specs below. LAtely when i've been playing games, my video has been lagging. What could be wrong?

Maybe the chip is throttling since its getting a bit hot. It isnt uncommon for ASUS boards to register lower temps than actual by more than 5-10C. Have you changed your hardware or software drivers recently? Hope this helps somewhat.

it's been lately, not always. MAybe when i goto work tomorrow, i should try a defrag. I haven't defragged in a couple of weeks.

Yeah defragging might solve it. I defragged my drive after it seemed a little slower than usual and it went back to its old usual self. Still slow but not as slow as before. :D

What game is it? And is the video running off of the CD-ROM? Usually if the CD drive isn't fast enough the sound will break or the video will slow down.

If the video is running off the CD drive could be a drive about to die. Scratched CD's might cause it too.

Back