• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX-7 and ABIT MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Will the AX-7 heatsink fit on My abit Kr7A-Raid?? Also does anyone know the deminsions of the AX-7??

I've just fitted the AX-7 to an Abit KT7A-RAID which I believe has the same layout as your board. It fits fine although it is close to some of the electrolytics at the side of the socket.

One thing to watch for though; the clip with my AX7 was EXTREMELY tight! I crushed my por long serving T-Bird AXIA 1G. Boo hoo! Be carefull. Try loosening the clip a bit by bending it a few times first?

I have the Abit KT7A and it fits, I just had to lightly bend one of the green electronic things on it. But I have had no problems.
Although it is big and I'm using a 92mm toranado with it, I have had no problems.

Just take your time and if you have to push or bend anything just do it very slowly.

Back