• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help for P3 overclock!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowFolder

i have

pentium III 800 EB
asus cusl2
2x 256mb 133mhz century sd-ram
asus gf2mx
quantum fireball 15gb
sblive! value
pinnacle pctv
some cd-dvd roms

i can't reach 1ghz :( :( :(

if i exceed 150+ fsb it looks like dead :confused:

how can i reach 1ghz & beyond??? any ideas???

thanks for replies!!! :)

You need to figure out what the weak point is. Your pushing the ram and CPU past it's limits, question is which one of the 2 is dying first. Try using only one stick of ram, set the timings to relaxed as possible and see if it will go over 150 then. Your probably going to need to raise the CPU voltage on your quest for 1000 also. Push the FSB to where it's stable, up the FSB some more then start raising the CPU voltage til it's stable again. I would check to see what safe voltages for that proc would be I don't know off the top of my head.

If it won't then strip everything not needed for it to boot off the motherboard (like your DVD drives, tv card, etc) and try it to see if it's one of them holding you back.

If it still won't go over 150 then either your ram isn't gonna work for you or your proc isn't a good overclocker.

temp:
30C idle
40C @ work

i try,

2volt,
different rams,
any bios fine tuning,
running with onboard vga (strip other cards)

nothing change! :( :( :(
freezes @960~

i heard "t-bird 1000" able 2 o/c 1800+ :eek:
is it a good upgrade 4 my "p iii 800EB"???

Maybe take out a stick of RAM. Improve the psu. Improve cooling. Try another RAM maker. Use AGP vcard, not onboard imho.

Would be my suggestions, however, a new upgrade would sure improve things quickly without a struggle.......

i heard "t-bird 1000" able 2 o/c 1800+
is it a good upgrade 4 my "p iii 800EB"???

No, they use different socket designs and you'd need a new motherboard. I doubt a T-bird 1000 could hit 1800 either without some serious cooling.

currently o/c
fsb:150 / ram:150 > 900mhz

fsb:133 / ram:133 > 800

improved 17mhz,
looks good, but
naaah! :(
looks so miserable 2 me!
i must get amd stuff as soon as possible!

Last edited:
Whereismy,

Check the stepping level of your 800EB (BIOS will likely tell you). If it's one of the earlier ones, you may be wasting your time. First steppings 800's could hardly overclock over 900...

Regards
FTC

EB p3's were never known to overclock very well, on my old p3866eb I was only able to sqeak out 1007mhz @ 155fsb with a sk-6w/50cfm Delta so I seriously doubt you'll see 1ghz unfortunately, I was in your boat back then, god how I wanted one of those amd systems, and when you finally get one you'll be in heaven! but they are dastardly to cool when your overclocking em!

Back