• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking P4 2.4-2.53(533) to 3Ghz+ mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syadnom

Registered
what is the right mobo

i have pretty much narrowed my choice down to either an

IT7 or
P4B533-?

i need 166+ fsb, BOTH cpu AND ram

im buying either a 2.4B northwood, or a 2.53B.

ordering up a koolance system for it so i think cooling should be "ok" :)

i have SAMSUNG(SAMSUNG PCB & CHIPS) PC2700, which i know does at least 170Mhz CAS2 so im fine their.

i dont care about PS/2 ports so thats not an issue.

just need a solid board @ 166FSB, an yeah im willing to use a northbride cooler with the koolance system if that would help at all.

thanks for the time guys.

that gives only 2.8Ghz, going for 3Ghz.

doing 4 pin voltage mod on CPU for 1.85v if 1.7 doesn't work, confident that the koolance phase change cooling system can handle it, 2.4 or 2.53 should have 75% chance of getting too or past 3Ghz, if not i can buy another chip and build the one that failed into a system.

my friend just got his 2.4A overclocked at 3.0 with Gigabyte 8Iexp, it allows you to set the Vcore to 1.85V in a program call easy tune

FuzzyNY
my friend just got his 2.4A overclocked at 3.0 with Gigabyte 8Iexp, it allows you to set the Vcore to 1.85V in a program call easy tune

nice, but im going for a 2.4B, so i need 166Bus, not 133. i have read that many people cant get the 8IEXP up to 166FSB reliably, so its not worth the time to risk it, otherwise i think its an absolutely great board.

Back