• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ooh Noo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

well today i found out why i have my instability it is my cpu. DOesnt that suck. well it is my 1900+ i threw my 1200 tbird in adn no restarts ran rock solid stable so what cpu you guys think i should get to replace my crap 1900+. i was thinking one of those 1600+ and maybe a new moter board some time soon and some 2700 ram but then i need a vid card too what should i do?

before you declare that processor "trash", check what your temps are, format your computer, try some different things and see if you can get it stable. update your motherboard bios. dont just give up on it.
1600+ agoia's are nice overclockers. your motherboard pretty much depends on your budget. the asus mobos are nice

Nico3k said:
before you declare that processor "trash", check what your temps are, format your computer, try some different things and see if you can get it stable. update your motherboard bios. dont just give up on it.
1600+ agoia's are nice overclockers. your motherboard pretty much depends on your budget. the asus mobos are nice

less see i formatted twice my temps are 45C load and umm yeah. i wouldnt mind having a new cpu i will probably sell my motherboard and get like a asus a7v333 or epox 8k3a+ dont know which one yet. ooh yeah and i have been switching out compnents like ram ivdoe card and stuiff and it is still unstable. but now the thing that really sucks is my other mother board wont boot so i took out the ram to see if it would beep and it didnt so i think ill take it back to fry's electronics and delrace on my 3 yr warranty and they have to replace it with a board of same brand that has all the same features and they dont sell any soyo boards but the dragon anymore so i guess i will get one of those for this one

I have a 1900+ that has a problem doing anything over 138FSB. The proc is AGOGA stepped. I bought a 1600 AGOIA Y from newegg and it's an amazing CPU. I have it running at 166x10.5 at default voltage. I would say go for the 1600 and Epox.

for now, u could try increasing voltage for stability. if all else fails, send it back to AMD. I sent back an epox 8kha+ because a chip on the mobo blew up (not my fault) and they fixed it and sent it back. My friend had a similar situation and they sent him a brand new 8k3a+!

well new egg has a refurb asus a7v333 just waiting for me so ill probably get that and a 1600+ then ill send my 1900+ back to amd then sell my mobo and cpu to get better ram maybe or a new vid card

Back