• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Networking permissions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiveohhh

Trying to set up a small network at my house I have two machines with xp pro and SFS diabled and one with xp home (using sfs) For a day all was well, ANd if I shared the files the other computer could see each other fine, now today, the two xp pro machines can't see each other. I set up a share with full permissions, and the other xp pro can't see it, but both the pro machines see the xp home files fine, kinda sucks jmping files to that computer and than to the other xp pro machine. I did a bunch of things b4 they quit working(nothing reallly with the network though, but on the one xp pro machine I did install iis. Any help would be greatly appreciated

How exactly do you have your network set up? Are they direct cable or do you have one set up as a server and using a router with the others?

they all have 10/100 nics and run through a linksys di704p, they are all workstations now, I'm working on setting one up as a server though, but SO far the only difference is it has iis set up on it

well got it fixed, looked at it again today and figured out that my firewall for some reason forgot to let it through after a few days

Back