• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking athlon 1800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

Ok here is my question i have and athlon Xp 1800+ oced to 1725 well i want to go higher and even if i raise the fsb to 151 i get system lock up and and have to turn it back down to 150. Can anybody help me oc it higher
I have an abit kx7-333 pc2100 drr
right now even at the highest voltage it wont work witch is 1.85v
oh and i have an 430 watt true power
any help would be great

what brand name is that memory that might be youre mmeory that holding u back i may be wrong but i think thats the problem

you should have pc 2700 on a kt 333 board youll get fsb like 180 and stuff

OC

Pump up the meory volatge to 2.85 if you haven;t already, see if it helps.

AEsnowboarding said:
Ok here is my question i have and athlon Xp 1800+ oced to 1725 well i want to go higher and even if i raise the fsb to 151 i get system lock up and and have to turn it back down to 150. Can anybody help me oc it higher
I have an abit kx7-333 pc2100 drr
right now even at the highest voltage it wont work witch is 1.85v
oh and i have an 430 watt true power
any help would be great

I have the exact same prob. my memory is samsung orig. 2700 and i'm pretty sure thats not holding me back. I'm pretty sure its the cpu's fault, cooling is good, tried a buncha settings, took all cards out. Nothing helps, i can't get over 150fsb. You most likely wont be able to go any higher w/o unlocking it.

I have so generic pc 2100 ram i dunno it came with my motherboard and i got it off of motherboards.com. Umm i have air cooling and it is pretty good temps are around 50c and case is around 30c i have tried upping the voltage memory but that doesn't help any other suggestions??? maybe new ram???

New ram........ what video do you run? I have 2x axp1800 agoia that both post at 1955- but wont go into windows...... yet!

voltage

No, I meant 2.85v. For the memory. That's the max on the KX7. The default is 2.55v.

Ok tried the 2.85 voltage and set the cpu voltage to 1.85 and tried a fsb of 166 with 1/5 multiplier. Nothing not even a post i guess i need so more advice guys i think it may be my ram though???? i also tried 153 fsb and i got to windows then started getting errors BUT 151 is now running stable as of right noe:)

1800+'s just cant really get high fsbs. I got 150, but it was unstable, with slowest ram timings, ram voltages upped, and everything. 150 isnt bad, and you could always try unlocking it.

Back