• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should the temps be??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My guess would be the low 40s idle, and maybe climbing to over 50 load. On die temps add aprox 10c. These are my guesses not anything backed with proof. Just my experiences.

Dude...Go with an OEM CPU and get an AX-7. I should have instead of getting an 1800+ retail....Would have been lots cheaper..........BTW: My 1600+ that I just got runs stable at XP 2100+ speeds...with a 170 FSB...You should get one of these 1600+, only 55 bucks at newegg and hella nice

yup

beau_safken said:
Dude...Go with an OEM CPU and get an AX-7. I should have instead of getting an 1800+ retail....Would have been lots cheaper..........BTW: My 1600+ that I just got runs stable at XP 2100+ speeds...with a 170 FSB...You should get one of these 1600+, only 55 bucks at newegg and hella nice

i second that....!!!

i got the ax-7, and i took out my xp2100 to run an xp1600, and i don't regret it.

xp2100...1833mhz
xp1600...1901mhz.

SkaGoatMaster said:
hmm, well it's 44 idle and 51 underload, does that sound right?? do I void the waranty if I change the HSF (on my retail Athie)?

AMD is all for it if you replace the retail AMD heatsink. as long as you are going with something better. if you overclock, overvolt, or unlock it. you've voided your warranty.

i'm overclocked, overvolted, but still locked, and my temps are 38 idle, and 44-46 load..(folding 24/7..)

and my case needs more airflow, so even my temps will be lower with this ax-7. :burn: :burn: :burn:

just wanted to add, my temps were even higher than yours with an xp2100 @ 1833mhz, with a stock heatsink and fan. so i would think it's a normal temp for stock, but don't think it'll o/c very far with that cheap heatsink. like mentioned above, get the oem cpu. an xp1600 from newegg for 55 bucks shipped, and get an ax-7 and a suitable fan, and count the savings. without unlocking, the chip will probably hit 1800mhz anyway. mine goes above 1900. save the cash and buy the cheap chip...oem....

my xp2100 was used for a few months stock. and it is now sitting in the box my xp1600 came in. and when i get a new mobo, my other xp1600 is going in there. if you insist on buying a 2000, make me an offer on my xp2100. i'll include a better than stock , cheap cooler too.

on die..?

{PMS}fishy said:
On die temps add aprox 10c. These are my guesses not anything backed with proof. Just my experiences.

so if my abit at7 says my temps are 38 idle/44-46 load, does this really mean my temps are 10 degrees lower than that?

is my board , on-die..? i got a sensor under the cpu that touches the cpu. if that's not on die, what is it, and how accurate can i assume my readings are?

thanks in advance fishy

:beer: ;)

Well, usually I would just buy OEM, but the story behind the 2000+ is, my mom works at a computer store, she ordered a OEM 1800+ but what arrived what a retail 2000+. She said it happens sometimes, when the supplier is out of a certain chip they send the next best thing, which in my case was a 2000+ Retail. I was rather surprised!!! so I only paid $120 CDN for my retail 2000+ which I thought was a good deal!

SkaGoatMaster
Check to see if there is a update on your bios,sometimes updating the bios drops your temps,becaues the board manufactory sees that they have a problem.Heres an example Asus A7V333 stadard bios is 1004 this comes with the board temps high,final bios 1011 temps drop down 5-10 degrees.Which bios do you think I'm running? To answer your question I agree with all the others your temps should be high 30's to low 40's,your mobo temp will depend on your case cooling but should be in the low 20's.

also i have an athlonxp 1800+ with a volcano 7+ and the temps are from 47 - 50 is this too high, if it is could it have something to do with the heat sink compound, because when i replaced the standord fan i think some of the old compound stayed on the cpu

Back