• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps ok? ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
hey. i just installed my first cpu ever and i used a vantec fce-6245y with the stock fan. the cpu is a amd xp 1600+ i took of the thermal pade and applied artic silver III as directed and i am getting this temps
idle:43C
load:50C
case:
32C
room:
26C
i have 4 80 mm fans in my case..2 at front ..2 at back. i know it takes up to 48 hours for the as to get settlef but i was wondering if:
1.The temps are ok for now
2.how much lower should they get with the as settled?
:confused: :eh?:

Well your temps are not that high... mine were >60'c before some mods now they are at highest 50'c... my only concern is for the amount of air you are moving in your case, i would think that your temps would be lower... do not worry your temps are well with in limits...i think that if the place where you stay called 'Nowhere' (hehe) is in a hot climate then it is normal... let see what others have to say:D

lol. yea.. i might get some hicher cfm fans. i tried to get all the cables organized. i might even add a side + top blowhole(s)

yr temps look good. I just saw a thread that says a XP that is over 60 degrees. it caught the attention of unseen menace

ok..it look like it has leveled off. i get 44C idle and 50C full load

i have a shuttle ak32 mobo and i followed those instructions to a T

i have two case fans, one at the bottom and one exhaust at the back. today i get my volcano 9 and a nice fan for the side of my case, so after i install ill let you know the temps.

Those temps aren't bad, but they could be better with that setup. Do what Yoddums suggested rerun the asIII and that should help. Make sure the airflow is not impeeded. 50C aren't too bad, but with the setup you have it should be a little better.

Noddy, whats up with the girl? Was she your old flame or something?

i added a better 80mm exhaust and now my idle is 38C and my load is about 48C with ambient @ 25C

your ambiant and load temps are a little to far apart - suggesting that your heatsink isnt really good as it could be.
well, saying than, if its stable at 48c load then i shouldnt worry about it, but a better heatsink will improve your idle temp and also improve your load temp quite a bit.

yea it stable. the heatsink is bad i agree. i am prob going to buy a ax6- and a good sunon or panaflo.

ok
i just switched the hsf with the glaciatior II and now the temps are 43C idle 47C Load

its getting better, twisted. you should get yourself an ax-7 though.im gonna get one.im dying to get my hands on it.

hey guys: ive had to switch my original fan on my volcano 7 with a 92mm p.o.s. well anyway my load temp is 43c. anyone care to guess my idle temp? hehe. its pretty badass.
one benifit from the bigger fan is that its overlapping the h/s and cooling my north/south bridge (their combined on this mobo). now that chip is nice and cool when it used to be hot to touch.

yea..it will be eventually for my mom. i bulding the dual in my sig :) and so those temps should be fine for now.

Back