• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much of a temp drop will I see?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hduong

I'm thinking of putting a delta black label fan 38cfm to replace the 26cfm fan I have on my ocz gladiator all copper h/s. My temps are a little to high for me. 50c dle and 55c oad under prime 95 for 10mins. mb temp is 30 to 32 depending on cpu temp. I have adaquate cooling in my case. 21" antec case with 3 fans.

how much of a drop will I see going to a delta? Can't wait till winter when is cool again in my room.

xp1600 BTW

thanks

should be a nice drop... you'll probably be somewhere in the 40's depending on your air circulation in your case

I have prety good case ventalation. enermax 21" sever case. two fans on back blowing air out and one in the front blowing air in. Might try a reversing one of the rear fans and making a duct from the case fan to the heatsink. last time I tried that, on my old system, also a xp1600, load drop to 50deg load with ok case vent. switch system with my brother cause his sytem was causing him trouble. I try the duct first then pickup a delta if that doesn't work.

Back