• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the highest safe temp on NorthBridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not on the Soyo board that I just sold. I got up to 43 C max when folding with it. Of course that was a crappier one the Soyo K7ADA board.

But my opinion the northbridge should never get above 50 C. You should check your hsf on it and maybe take it off and put on some new thermal goo for it.

MBM 5 Sensor #3 :Right now is at 44c NB, case 38c, cpu 44c Sometimes it goes up to 63c the highest but rarely. Im thinking of applying thermal paste to the NB. what do you think?

Last edited:
My understanding of sensor 3 is that it does not read the NB temps. This was discussed in a recent thread on amdmb.com under Soyo MBs (one user referred to a statement by the developer of MBM that this sensor does not read the NB temp.)

EDIT:

Link to MBM source:
Link

Does it read 44 normally and then jump to 63 and then after a bit jump back down to 44?? My Dragon Ultra does that, I think its due to noisy sensors.

That is exactly what it does 44c then it climbs to 63c the highest sometimes but stays mostly on 44c . Right now its been on 48 for a good 30 min. I just checked out that link and Alex Van MBM Creator said that sensor 3 was not connected, Weve got nothing to worrie about.:beer:

Last edited:
on my dragon lite the third sensor jump all over the place alot faster than the temps can change.I was told in the mbm support forums the the sensor was not connected

edit:

you might want to check your northbridge hsf,on my mobo there wasn`t any thermal paste or tape of any sort on it.

Last edited:
I had to take it all out, unscrew the board from the mobo tray, in order to get access to those little white pushpin things holding down the fan/heatsink on the northbridge.

Ok , I just Finished going thru the whole process of applying thermal paste on my northbridge. and guess what: for the first time , the temp in sensor 3 is giving me a super low reading of :
21c - Idle and 34c- Load. I know that sensor 3 is not connected to anything but I use to get 41c thru 62c before I applied the thermal paste. And why the sudden change in temp if its not connected to anything???

Yakbak said:
I had to take it all out, unscrew the board from the mobo tray, in order to get access to those little white pushpin things holding down the fan/heatsink on the northbridge.

oops! sorry,you ar right,when I did it to my D+ I had to remove the mobo,I was thinking of my daughters box that I just upgraded with a new MSI board,that did'nt have a cooler,actually I put the old soyo cooler on the MSI and it fir great.

you are right,you need to take the mobo out of the case. :eek:

Back