• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cold cathode tubes and Dye-lite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
I am building a water cooled system and have seen Koolance advertise this Dye-lite fluorecing dye called Dye-lite Tracerline. It will illuminate under a blue or UV neon light. Can I use cold cathode lights to illuminate this dye such as a blue cold cathode or will any color work. Has anyone tried this or any other illuminating dyes in their water cooled systems? I read somewhere that dyes reduce the ability for heat transfer is this true or does it decrease but a negligable amount? I would like to be able to visualize any water immediately on the case or board before a real serious disaster happens. Any advice is appreciated.

Do a seach, many people have used dye-lite, its very popular. If it does reduce heat transfer, im sure it is very little, I doubt you will notice it.

Yeah, you'll use no more than 1-2 drops. So I doubt the change would really even be measurable outside of a VERY sophisticated lab.

Back