• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Application Accelerator 2.2.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djt

Registered
I just bought a new Asus P4B533-E motherboard and I'm a little confused about installing the Intel Application Accelerator. Do I need to use the Installation Utility? I'm using XP Pro and Intel's chart shows that when using XP Pro and the 845E chipset you do not need the Installation Utility installed, but I'm not sure. Also what is the proper order for driver installation. Do I install the OS, video card drivers, mobo drivers (my current board requires video card drivers installed first) , sound card, Windows XP updates then Intel's Application Accelerator in this order? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I installed the Intel accelerator drivers and did not get any improvement. Actually my system was less stable than before (I don't know why) and I removed them.

Usually when I Install I put the os in. then the chipset drivers( for via the 4 in 1s), then the video card drivers, then no particular order with the rest. One good rule to go by is install all your hardware drivers before you install any of your software programs.

And Welcome to the Forums.

Back