• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get ti4600 or radeon 9700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the 9700 is better, there is absolutley no comparison in any way whatsoever. with that out of the way you must consider the price. the 9700 is like 350 dollars, because it is a very new video card, and very good. vs the 4600 which is probably more like 250 dollars depending on what company and what retailer you buy from. someone will probably mention that at the end of this year there will be a new nvidia card but im not sure if its gonna be that much better than the 9700. i just thought i would get that out of the way as well, so i could save someone else a post. :D

Yuriman said:

well, which one are you thinking of going with, im just interested i like to know when my video card rants actually help people decide. :D lol

Is it $100 dollars better? All depends on the user. If you have a not-so-hot monitor that doesn't support high resolutions or you are like me and still play Team Fortress Half Life more than the next ten games combined, the 9700 may be overkill. Or for that matter, a Ti4600 may be overkill. If you are looking for the card that can play Doom 3 silky smooth with all the trimmings, why not wait for Doom 3 to hit the shelves? I assure you both cards, and whatever is to follow, will have dropped dramatically in price. It's all about Bang-For-The-Buck!

ATI only option ever. Mcuh better features, and great driver now. Much better than the last few years. Even an 8500 o/ced would give the geforce4s a run for their money.

I would get the 9700 fer sure if you are looking but if you can wait a bit price will drop a bit.

It is a sweet card, personally I do not think the NV30 will be much better if at all I think they will be equal cards imho.

Guess time will tell, maybe I will be wrong who knows, but KUDOS to ATI for now.

cisco Kid

Mag22 said:
Is it $100 dollars better? All depends on the user. If you have a not-so-hot monitor that doesn't support high resolutions or you are like me and still play Team Fortress Half Life more than the next ten games combined, the 9700 may be overkill. Or for that matter, a Ti4600 may be overkill. If you are looking for the card that can play Doom 3 silky smooth with all the trimmings, why not wait for Doom 3 to hit the shelves? I assure you both cards, and whatever is to follow, will have dropped dramatically in price. It's all about Bang-For-The-Buck!

yes it really is that much better, imo. but i dont have 350 dollars, nor do i have 250. so its pretty moot. they will both drop in price shortly i assume.

Maxvla said:

and then the gf4 start overclocking... :p

they are still to expensive, in my opinion when the video card is more expensive than any other component in your rig that is not right! 8500 soooo cheap, very good. maybe when the 4400 gets down to like 125. :rolleyes: :p

Demont said:

they are still to expensive, in my opinion when the video card is more expensive than any other component in your rig that is not right! 8500 soooo cheap, very good. maybe when the 4400 gets down to like 125. :rolleyes: :p

exactly my thoughts

cisco kid

is the 9700 a good card for 3d?
not just games, but modeling/rendering aswell

also were does the the 9500 fit into it- which gforce is it equivelant to?

I think this card competes with the ti4200 and ti 4400.

with 9700 2 times better than ti4600. i think 9500 can also beat ti 4600

Back