• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB Live 5.1 is not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vinetu

Registered
A big problem came to my head :(
Five days passed and I can not run my SB Live. I went to Creative's site and downloaded the latest drivers. And guess what: I run the EXE and it said that I don't have SB Live on my computer!!!!After that the setup terminates. I bought the Live Ware 3.0 (which includes drivers for win 98) and still no effect. My previous sound card is Yamaha ds-xg 724 and when I put it to the PCI slot after booting Win 98 I install the drivers without any kind of a problem(P.S. When I put the SB Live I formated my c: partition and installed Win 98 i case that there could be a problem with yamaha drivers). I put SB Live to other PCI slot...nothing:the same prblem. Somebody have idea to help me.

Man thats weird that its not even showing up. Sounds freakin broke to me. If still under warranty send it in to get looked at.

try another pci slot if you can. sometimes helps. you have onboard sound chip too? disable it in the bios if you have it.

Keep it at least two slots away from the video card. Sounds like an RMA might be in order.

Mine was PnP all the way when I installed it in win95b and 98se.

Back