• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

faster agp bus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

will having your agp bus higher than spec raise your performance?

i currently have mine locked at 66mhz but i have about 4 options for divisors 1/2 1/3 1/4 1/5. i know i've seen some people with agp buses at about 80 mhz, but would the pci bus be limited before the agp hits the wall? i think at 154fsb (my current speed) most of my options are within usable specs.

just curious :D

If they gave us 64bit AGP busses, that would be one thing. Look at the performace difference between AGP 3.0 (8X) and 2.0 (4X), though. It's only around 5%.

I wouldn't bother.

cruc1fy said:
If they gave us 64bit AGP busses, that would be one thing. Look at the performace difference between AGP 3.0 (8X) and 2.0 (4X), though. It's only around 5%.

I wouldn't bother.
i was meaning mhz not agp versions.

i'll try it out and see what i get.

There won't be 64 bit AGP buses; Serial AGP is due out next summer/fall, 10GB/s. Raising the AGP rate could help you overtake Rump Roast, if that's what you're asking;)

Back