• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arg...Where can I get defoger paint..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Ok well I guess the autoparts stores by me realy suck! After looking at like 4 none seem to have defogger paint. One had one package of this Defoger Epoxie stuff.. but im sure thats not what I want... does anyone kno of any online retailers to get this stuff.

haha yea their aint no napa near by here... theirs all sorts of autoparts stores but for some reason none seem to have defogger paint... they have everything else but it.. Ive checked over 4 of em.. I would say more like 6 ive checked and none had it.. I cant seem to figure out why... they act like they know about it when I ask them but then they say they just dont have it.

Did you ask for a rear window defogger repair kit? I'm sure ya did but sometimes it pays to kill them with big words...Just an idea. If ya really are desperate, If ya can spare $9.29, I could get ya some at the napa here and send it to ya if ya want...? I'm pretty darn sure you could find some in JERSEY though...If not offers on the table.

I got mine at Pep Boys. They have a lot of it in stock.
Are you in North or South Jersey? I'm sure there's a pep boys where you are.

Thanks for the offer... ill try searching around first some more. and yea I asked for rear window defoger paint repair kit. Its funny cause they knew what I was talking about but they just didnt have any... Currently these stores were all within 20min of my house but I guess Ill have to drive around some more. I live up in North Jersey. Morris County area to be exact.

Well ill see if I can look around tommorow after work. If I cant find any then I might just use the conductive grease that should arrive then with my new mobo... I actualy bought the highspeedpc.com unlocking kit when I ordered a cpunurse their for the magnifying glass and gap filler... I was planning on puting the defoger paint over that. I realy didnt want to use the grease because I realy dont want it smearing into another bridge and frying my cpu.

hhmm cant remeber ever seeing a pep boys around here. Oh and would Rear veiw mirror defoger epoxie work? Its a 2 part epoxie that you mix and together and it dries in 20min acording to the package.

Well the rear window repair kit I got from Napa dried VERY quickly. Like under a minute easily. Epoxy may be a bit tough to get off if ya mess up....Get a non-epoxy repair kit if ya can. You'll love yourself later if ya mess up a little. :D

Yeah, don't even consider the epoxy. Just get the rear windows defogger paint that comes in a tiny bottle. Dries in less than a minute.

yea I want the paint.. the only thing I saw in the store was that epoxie one... good thing I didnt get it. ;)

I finaly found some today only 1 out of the 3 stores today had it haha.. and just tried out my wc setup.. it works great... now its time for me to unlock my XP.

Back