• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, I've joined the ranks :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
Finally took the big step and ordered the parts I needed to get my first duallie up and running :) Man, it really nails the wallet though, but it'll be worth it!
Here's my specs for now:
Msi K7D master
(2) XP1600'S Cooler master hcc-002
Ati radeon 8500le 128mb
Antec 1080 w/ 430w psu
windows 2000 pro
temporarily a 40 gig 7200rpm hdd

The cooler masters are temporary too, until I finish my water cooling setup. I'm building that using a residential 2 ton air conditioning coil (indoor) as my radiator, cutting my own copper blocks, etc... Not quite ready for that though, so I'll have to run with air cooling for now. :)

wow very nice....I take it you will be OCing as well....with those 1600s you can get to 2000+s speeds pretty easily....

Just remember keep trying becasue there will always be errors:p

Spec

Ok, well I'm posting with the new duallie :) and so far everything is working out a lot smoother than I expected. It's been up and running now for two days straight. I've got it O/c'ed to 140 fsb, I haven't unlocked the chips yet, and I'm really not sure what the multiplier is on this thing either. But it's running d*mn quick and very stable :) Temps are staying at 40c on coolermaster HCC-002 all copper hsf's w/ antec reference silver thermal compound (couldn't find any as2 or 3 locally :( ) But this antec compound has really proven itself with my p3. That 40c is with two instances of F@H running and a few other apps too. I really haven't had enough time to spend playing with it yet to figure the rest of this stuff out, after getting it up and running, I had to get all the windows updates, latest drivers, etc... and I've still got other stuff to setup yet (printer, dig camera, etc...) But for anyone that is considering going dual, I say Do it!!! :) I'll post some pics later after I get everything else done. See ya's then.

Yeah, the cost of a duallie is a bit higher, but the crispness of an smp system is tough to describe until you have experienced it:D
It may not be faster than a single cpu, but it sure does FEEL like it!

And they multitask far better, no matter what kind of apps you run.

Good luck, and Enjoy!

Ok, got a few updates for ya's
So far it's running great! Very stable and quick!
right after I posted my last post, I defraged the hdd after updating all the drivers, etc.. and after defrag Windows lost the operating kernel. So I had to start over with a clean install and all the updates etc... So far so good (beats head against wood)
It's definitely folding, two apps @ a time. And it's still locked multiplier (but not for too much longer)but I've the fsb up to 144 rock stable still. I haven't taken it any further yet, I'm still running the benchmarking and monitoring the temps. The temps are better than I expected, both cpu's are averaging 33 - 34c under full load (2-F@H's w/ 3dmark benching) using two Coolermaster all copper hsf combos. The friggin fans on those puppies got to be Deltas in disguise, they run at 7200+ rpm's and sound like tornados :) (I love it too! it's music to my ears) I haven't pplayed with any other settings in the bios yet, really don'y know enuf about the settings in advanced chipset features to mess with anything. Maybe some of ya can help me there, here's the ones I think I need to know about, but feel free to add anything else too. :)

Advanced Chipset Features
ddr sdram timing
idle cycle limit 8 cycle
page hit limit 16 cycle
trc cycle 5 cycle
trp cycle 3 cycle
tras cycle 3 cycle
cas latency cycle 2.5 cycle
trcd cycle 3 cycle

Agp secondary lat timer 20h
agp aperture size 128
memhole @ 15m-16m disabled

Other than that, I installed adaware after all the updates and drivers, a couple of demo games (quake3 and Operation blockade), new 9 series beta win media player, 3dmark and pcmark) and found 39 different spywares. most of them was Gator :( I hate that ...... :mad:

Back