• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are 1.33 Athlons locked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

A friend is telling me he has his 1.33 H20 runnnig at 15x133 = 2 GHZ, I do not think this is possible, I thought all 1.33 came locked and must be unlocked from the 10x multiplier.

her is running on an Epox 8K3A

he says my multiplier is unlocked its available from 6x up to 15x I do not think when he changes his multipier it is actually changing it. Soon as he ups fsb to 143 he gets BSOD and it freezes.

Feedback

Cisco KId

i suggested confirming with Sandra , he questions it as well since he sees no real diff in speed

cisco kid

what is a realistic speed for a 1.33 to go on H20, i know they put out more heat than XP chips

Hold him by his neck and slap him a few times and say *bad boy that is what you get for lying!!!* Even with phase change He could not even get to 1.7 or even 2.0

There are several guys in the cpu database with even more extreme alledged overclocks . My unlocked T'bird is currently at 1.536 ghz cause 1600 isn't stable and I don't feel like messing with the voltages right now .

All 266fsb chips 1.2 and after came factory unlocked. The later steppings of the 1.33 were really clockers and hit 1.65gigs pretty easily.

However, there's no way you can hit 2 gigs...

Tell him to get WCPUID and send you a screeny.

I honestly believe 1.6gig is the upper end limit I have tried several 1.33 ghz ayjha and I can get 1.6 most of the time but it needs to be overvolted to about 2.0 v typically.

Maestro

OK - Not sure if anyone will read this anymore...(Found this post using the SEARCH)

I have a 1.33 (A1333AMS3C ) that I purchased a year ago :)()

I neglected to purchase a new graphics card, as I was supposed to aquire a friends gf3 when he bought something new.

Anywho, I can only run @ under 1.33 (1.32 is ok...If I remember correctly) Might this be that the geforce256 just cannot run fast enough?

I have an asus a7m266 board. The enermax 465 (431w) seems to be OK.

Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, before I forget, can anyone tell me where I can look up CPU #'s A1333AMS3C to determine overclock-abilities?

Thanks to everyone out there...This is a great place.

Back