• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting Volcano 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TooHot!

Registered
Can I just plug the Volcano into the normal plug that the stock HSF was pluged into? Or will I fry something?

I tend to agree with james.miller even though I did do this by placing the separate rpm wire into the power 3-pin connector and connected it to my mobo header with not problems. The Volcano 7(not +) is rated at .45 amps at full speed and mine has never gone this fast yet. My reason for doing this was to try to get SpeedFan to work with my supposedly supported mobo--so unless you have a good reason for doing it I wouldn't suggest it.

yeah thats what i ment lol.
The single yellow wire that is used to measure the fan's rpm has a seperate connector on the end of it. THAT connects to the motherboard cpu fan header, while the red and black have the larger connector and that connects to the powersupply:)

Back