• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram and fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HugeAss101

Registered
2 Things:
1. can pc2700 ddr handle fsbs higher than 166, im new at this and i thought that it was the max because that makes it 332 ddr?

2. How can i make my a7v333 go higher than 1.85v vCore?

I'll answer your 2nd ? first.
There is an overvolt jumper right above the CPU. If you enable that, you'll probably get to 2.14v and will not have the option to change that in the bios until you disable that overvolt jumper.
Before you do that, make sure you have the proper cpu cooling to handle the increase heat it will produce.

What brand is your PC2700 RAM? The better brands should be able to handle a little more than 166fsb.

My PC3000 Mushkin has hit 205fsb without having to increase voltage to my memory.

im not sure my brand of memory ....... but lets talk about the voltage .... all i have to do is enable overvolt and then it will be automatically set to 2.14v or do i have to set the external jumpers to 1.85v first rite now it is set at manual bios config

First of all, you need to set the vcore jumpers on the mobo to default. That will give you the option of selecting core voltages of 1.75. 1.775. 1.8. 1.825 and 1.85 in the bios. That way, you can set the vcore without having to mess with the jumpers.

That's how I have it set on mine. Enabling the overvolt jumper will give you a core voltage somewhere the range of 2.14v. it might be a bit higher or a bot lower. Check your hardware monitor in the bios to see what it is.

To answer your ?, I don't know if you need to set it to 1.85v first.
Just enable the overvolt jumper and see if it works.

Good luck.

Back