• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this monitor any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Good" as in specs, yes. Picture quality, you would have to goto a local computer/electronics store to figure that one out.:D Seems a little overpriced IMHO. From LG Electronic's website:"These features, combined with a fine .24mm stripe pitch slot mask," leads me to believe that this is a shadow mask CRT, in which case it is rather overpriced.

On general build quality points I've had a few pieces of LG Goldstar kit that I've been pleased with. On the subject of monitors, Goldstar led the field for a brief while in the 80s I think, so they ain't complete dummies at monitor design. However monitors are funny things, everyone used to tell me KDS monitors were the bargain of the century, then they went to a newer model range, which appears to be a bit of a lemon.

I bought my current monitors sight unseen, reason; price and the magic words "vertically flat Sony trinitron tube" I like them very much, I probably got lucky, I wouldn't chance a purchase just on specs again though unless it was a proven model at a very good price. So if you can't get to see one, think twice.

Road Warrior

Back