• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to mount the radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TT120 (Mar 22, 2001 09:43 p.m.):
Where do you guys usually mount the radiator for your water cooling systems? and how do you mount them?

## Well depending on your case and what style of radiator you are mounting will depend on where you mount it. Some with a full tower will mount it above their power supply if the size can fit. Others will also mount at the bottom front of the case where all the intake comes in usually with Dual fan's others will mount it on the side panel of the case, and still others with mount it on the top ceiling of the case right where you would cut blowholes. And yet still others prefer to have the entire cooling rig outside the case except for the waterblocks =) So that is up to you.

How to mount, either use machine screws and nut's our use some zipties. If you notice some rattling or vibration noises pick up some extra el cheapo mouse pad's such as Allsop's and use them for insulation.

Hope this all helps you out! =) ##
[2]J[/2]

Thanks, it does help. What would be the best kit to buy? I want to get a kit that has all the stuff in it that I need because I'm real new to this stuff and I dont want to buy a bunch of seperate parts and not have them work together. I was looking at the aquastealth at 2cooltek for $125 and that looks like a good deal. There was also a review on the main page about a pretty good looking little kit for the beginner O/C'er which I am. I think Ed described it as 'cute'

TT120 (Mar 23, 2001 12:02 a.m.):
Thanks, it does help. What would be the best kit to buy? I want to get a kit that has all the stuff in it that I need because I'm real new to this stuff and I dont want to buy a bunch of seperate parts and not have them work together. I was looking at the aquastealth at 2cooltek for $125 and that looks like a good deal. There was also a review on the main page about a pretty good looking little kit for the beginner O/C'er which I am. I think Ed described it as 'cute'

## I think honestly that kit would be a good spot to start, then you could always upgrade the water block and pump and etc... it would be a great way to get you started with a kit that appears to be a performer. =) ##
J

I have a very large radiator located on the lower front of my full tower case. I had to make a 5x10" cutout for the intake to draw through and I zip-tied the radiator to the case.

I just bought the Aqua stealth kit from 2cooltek, it should be here tomorrow or maybe monday. Looks pretty cool and straight forward. Here we gooooo.........

Back