• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP Reformatting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R3v3lation

Registered
Whenever i log in on my computer as it's loading the start up programs the screen goes blank and it just sits there until I restart. it happens every time, so I can't get into windows. i've been having some other problems too so I decided to just reformat and reinstall. Could someone please help, I'm not sure how to reformat, what do I need to do?

Remeber! When you reformat you'll lose all your data and files and stuff! So make sure there's nothing important that you didn't back up on the computer before you try to reformat. Here's what i usually do when I reformat:
1) restart and go into bios and disable the hdd so the pc boots from cd-drive
2) make sure my winxp cd is in the drive
3) restart and then the winxp installer should load all the needed files and stuff
4) it'll ask to to accept the license stuff and after you agree, i think it asks you what partition you want to install xp on. pick the partition and then choose to format it. I usually do a full format (ntsf)
5) after its done formatting (this could take a while depending on the size of your hdd), it'll start copying the installation files and then you sit back and wait for it to finish installing. you hafta click a couple stuff once in awhile when they ask you something though. thats about it. good luck. :)

Oh, and thats what I do. I'm not sure if its the best method or whatever. You might wanna wait for someone else to reply with more suggestions and stuff.

Back