• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.53ghz Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ange062

Registered
Just ordered my 2.53ghz northy this morn, should be here on wed. What kind of overclocks can i expect from this cpu? Im new to intel, ive been using amd's for the past 4 years.

2.53ghz p4
abit IT7
512mb Corsair XMS pc3200 cas2
swiftech mcx478 w/ 80mm tornado 84.1cfm

Hi,

I want this CPU too...........

Please report your OC result............

ID?

VCORE?

Memory Timings / devider and please a Sisoft memory Benchmark............after your OC!

I respect a score of 3.300-3.500....?

Thanks a lot

BYE

this is the thread i've been waiting for. the 2.53 had the healthy price cut this weekend! please everyone post your results because i want this chip!

Rasputin'sLiver said:
this is the thread i've been waiting for. the 2.53 had the healthy price cut this weekend! please everyone post your results because i want this chip!
ras, you my as well save your money. you are not gonna get a better overclock than you got going on right now with your 2 systems.;)

2.53 GHz CPU has B-0 stepping? Is C-1 better?

From what I can tell the 2.53 has the B-0 stepping and I have gotten suggestions to either wait until Intel releases the 2.53 at the C-1 stepping or buy the 2.6 which is already C-1. My question is what is the difference between the stepping and is it a factor in buying this CPU. I love the dropped price.:burn:

Ange062 said:
Just ordered my 2.53ghz northy this morn, should be here on wed. What kind of overclocks can i expect from this cpu? Im new to intel, ive been using amd's for the past 4 years.

2.53ghz p4
abit IT7
512mb Corsair XMS pc3200 cas2
swiftech mcx478 w/ 80mm tornado 84.1cfm

Try 159mhz fsb with a 3:4 ratio on the ram, you'll get 3021mhz and you're ram with be at 424mhz. If that works try 162/216 like I have mine, you'd get 3078mhz and 432mhz on the ram, you might have to burn everything in to get it to this with a good fan. You're processor has a 19 multiplier instead of 17 on mine. Lock the pci frequency at 33mhz and up the voltage on the cpu and the memory only enough to stablize it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
So many replys and not even one that answers the threads question.....does any one have a P4 and has done an overclock?
This is what this thread is about.....

Norbe said:
So many replys and not even one that answers the threads question.....does any one have a P4 and has done an overclock?
This is what this thread is about.....

Dude what the hell are you talking about? Its the same processor with a 19 multiplier. Its not even your post.

So many replys and not even one that answers the threads question.....
Du.........Maybe only a few of us here have the 2.53! For general overclocking of the northwood, there's plenty of info through out the forums! Read it then ask.

Last edited:
This thread is about and overclock on a P4 2.53 Now you must be blind if you are saying that there are a lot of replys on this matter....
Yes it´s true that the only diffrence is the multiplier.....same diference that there is between a P4 2.66 and the P4 2.8 "just" the multiplier.....standing aside that that one is a C1 stepping.

Well fact is that in this thread the question was if there was someone that had a P4 2.53 and had an overclock on it.....It is not the same as saying that you have a 2.66 and that you can get that to overclock to 3Ghz there are diffrent chips, 2.66 2.4 and 2.53 all B stepping are not the same......fact is that the 2.4 at 533 doesn´t overclock good.....

Oh and the fact that I didn´t post the original question doesn´t mean a deam thing......since when do you have to be the thread starter in order to place a comentary????

What the hell? .. why are you attacking everyone here? .. maybe you need to read the 1st post again and again and again, the guy clearly said and I quote:

What kind of overclocks can i expect from this cpu? Im new to intel, ive been using amd's for the past 4 years.

Now does that mean "Do any of you guys have 2.53 and oc'ed it?" .. heck no, He's simply asking for "WHAT TO EXPECT!" .. period.

pacino said:
What the hell? .. why are you attacking everyone here? .. maybe you need to read the 1st post again and again and again, the guy clearly said and I quote:

Now does that mean "Do any of you guys have 2.53 and oc'ed it?" .. heck no, He's simply asking for "WHAT TO EXPECT!" .. period.
you go.:cool:

pacino said:

I second that!!

I don't have a 2.53 but from what I have been seeing the overclocks are nothing special.You got a shot for 3gig but I see lots around 2.8.Maybe the new stepping Cpu's will be better.I seen a guy hit 3.0 with a 1.6a and same with the 1.8a.Atleast with the 2.53 your pretty much guaranteed around 2.8 or more but its more money.

I'm running 2.85 (see my sig), but keep in mind I'm running RDRAM.
I reckon this CPU would be stable at 3 GHz.

Back