• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thougt I toasted my vid card..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravY

Whew, Just put some ramsinks on my MSI Ti4200, I had purchased Artic Alumina a while ago to use on my Radeon8500 but never got around to it.. so I decided what the hell I'll put them on the Ti4200..
well I am mixing and applying the Artic Alumina Epoxy and sticking on my Ramsinks.. when I get to the third one It must have not been thin enough and some squished out the side and barely made contact with the pins.. OUCH I think.. well, I keep going thinking I remember reading somewhere that Alumina epoxy is non-capacitive but still had doubts in my mind, I have been having a real bad day, it would have been one of those things just to add to my mood.. When I finish up I make sure they are pressed down by a little weight and I come back to them in an hour and a half..
Well as you can see Im writing you find folks, I did some quick research just to make sure it was non-capacitive and it is.. I guess my luck has turned for the better.. Now on to Unlocking my XP 1600+.. Im just out for punishment today I gues.. :D

This story is pointless I know, but I just felt the need to write it..

Back