• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia and AGP 8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

under oc.com's news (aug 29th) it had a link to an article talking about a new rev. of gf4s with agp 8x. BUT THE LINK TAKES ME SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! i cant find it on that site either but can anybody direct me to another article talking about this? thx cuz i want to know how this will affect buying stratagies.

the nv28 will have agp 8x. they are basically making the ti4200 and 4600 w/ agp 8x. same clock speeds and everything. i am not sure when they will be out but nvidia usually announces stuff around 1 and 1/2 months before the release so i would guess it would be out in mid oct.

im assuming that they will stop making their agp 4x cards when these 8x cards start rolling out, i wonder how this will effect my buying stratagies tho. Any ideas as to how cheap these 8x cards would be?

Ok, am I correct in believing that AGP 8x will only work on mobos that have an 8x AGP slot? Or will it work on all mobos... I neglected this in searching for my mobo! ;)

Causality said:
Ok, am I correct in believing that AGP 8x will only work on mobos that have an 8x AGP slot? Or will it work on all mobos... I neglected this in searching for my mobo! ;)

it will support 2X/4X...this is just a sales gimmick by Nvidia, the benefit given by 8x will be minimal if any...

Back