• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with nvarch32.dll and thunkconnect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

I recently reformatted and installed WinXP pro. After installing 30.82 drivers, I recieved the following error message on bootup
"The procedure entry point ThunkConnect32 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL"

How can I get rid of this error message? Once I click OK everything seems to run just fine, I would like to keep that from poping up on every boot without going to msconfig to change my startup procedure because thats just hiding the problem, not fixing it.

Here is the history leading up to the error message.
upon installing the video card (Geforce2 MX chipset) I did recieve the error message, something about missing NVARCH32.DLL from the system folder, (click OK and everything seemed OK but I wanted to get rid of it) anyway I found that file in my c:\Nvidia folder and copied it to the folder that said it was missing from(c:\windows\system32), that error message disappeared.
Now I get the new error message and I cannot find any file by that name on any of the drivers disk.

I'm assuming that i get this error msg because i manually copied the file into the system32 folder because when i take the file out i go back to the 1st error msg :(

Did you install the WinXP/2k drivers, or the 98/ME drivers? I think the ThunkConnect file belongs to the Win98 driver set.

About the 2nd error message, I'd try typing this in your Start/Run box, or command prompt if you can't get into Windows:

regsvr32 /u thunkconnect32
regsvr32 nvarch.dll

I'd recommend downloading and installing the Detonator 29.42 set for WinXP, they work very stable for me under XP Pro.

im 100% sure i got the winxp drivers not the win9x and i tried those two commands and all i get is "LoadLibrary(the name of dll file) failed - the specified module can not be found" this is really fustrating me! thx for your effort tho.

it seems like with any dll file related to nvidia (having a nv*.dll) it gives me this message (LoadLibrary nvxxxx.dll failed - the specified module can not be found) when trying to register it even though it is in the system32 folder! Anybody?

Can you boot into Windows fine? Try to uninstall your display drivers, or go into Device Manager and change your video card to a standard VGA adapter.

Reboot, then try installing the Nvidia drivers again, preferably 29.42s.

About the 2nd problem, try typing:
regsvr32 nvarch32.dll

Make sure that file is in your System32 directory.

I can boot into windows without a problem, except for those error messages. and yes, i was in the right directory and i have already tried that command. i can register any other dll without a problem, the only problems i have is with dll's starting with a "nv", meaning Nvidia, i tried to register any dll starting with "nv" and it does not work, let alone nvarch32.dll. as for uninstalling my drivers, i will give that a try.

Last edited:
thx alot! it worked, but i had to delete every nv4**.dll in my system32, drivers and Nvidia folder cuz it kept on duplicating itself

Back