• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best upgrade from a duron 700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disabled
looking for bang for buck, but my supplyer only carries xp 1700 Tbred and up no palminos. Tbred B oem is also avaialbe through my supplyer (OEM).

Tbred has been out for a while now.

Best bang for the buck at the moment seems to be an XP1600+ from Newegg. Since you seem to have some other supplier in mind, you'd have to give us their pricelist in order to make that judgement.

nihili

***EDIT*** Missed the "B" in the earlier post. Dunno when those are due.

Get a an XP 1600+ from newegg. They are $51.99, which is a great price. That is by far the best value.

Edit: Lol. Nihili posted about 5 seconds before I did.

maybe i must restate the question. I'm looking for the best deal amung the tbreds. I cannot get palminos from my supplyer, tbreds start at 1700+ and i'm only going to buy through my supplyer to avoid shipping, tax and stock charges.

um, i wouldn't get a tbred right now for anything, unless you're right and you can get the rev.B. but won't the lowest tb rev2 be a 2000+?

I'll restate my answer.

It's impossible for us to tell us what the best deal from your supplier is unless you tell us what his prices are and what products he carries. We can tell you the best deal on the net, but not the best deal from your supplier. Prices vary widely. So until you provide more information, there's no way we could begin to answer your question.

nihili

I thought the t-breds didn't start until xp2200 or xp2100. Well anyway. You need to check to see if your motherboard can support xp cpu's first. Also check the memory speed of your ram. Usualy motherboard don't let you run the ram slower than the bus speed of the ram. So you should also check to make sure that you don't need to replace your ram to make the new chip work

tbred xp 1700 $143 canadian
tbred xp 1800 $160 canadian
tbred xp 1900 $195 canadian
tbred xp 2000 $220 canadian
tbred xp 2100 $270 canadian
tbred xp 2200 $340 canadian

best deal?

We have no idea... T-breds like that aren't available here in the states yet... only 2200XP t-breds and athlon 4 (mobile) processors are available with that core here.

P.S. Could we send you some money and have you ship us some of those?

well my guess would be the lowest possible tbred u can get.... u better be able to deal with the heat tho because they are harder to cool then paly's but i think that the tbred A core can hit just about the same as the agoia pallys (2ghz give or take a few mhz)again this is just a guess tho

Default said:
tbred xp 1700 $143 canadian
tbred xp 1800 $160 canadian
tbred xp 1900 $195 canadian
tbred xp 2000 $220 canadian
tbred xp 2100 $270 canadian
tbred xp 2200 $340 canadian

best deal?

Can I ask where are you getting these figures from? Also I dont think there are any other tbreds other than the 2200+

therock911@ said:

Can I ask where are you getting these figures from? Also I dont think there are any other tbreds other than the 2200+

directly from my supplyer who gets all his numbers from the 3 big oem supplyers in canada. i.e. supercom site is supercom.ca

Prices Updated Sept 04/2002

Athlon XP 1600+ OEM $96
Athlon XP 1700+ OEM $109
Athlon XP 1700+ Retail $130
Athlon XP 1800+ OEM $128
Athlon XP 1800+ Retail $148
Athlon XP 1900+ OEM $142
Athlon XP 1900+ Retail $164
Athlon XP 2000+ OEM $161
Athlon XP 2000+ Retail $184
Athlon XP 2100+ OEM $203
Athlon XP 2100+ Retail $226
Athlon XP 2200+ OEM $252

These prices are from a vendor in Toronto, Canada.

Been a while since my last post, but I too am looking to upgrade this weekend and I am definately leaning towards the XP 1600+. Currently running a Duron 700 @ 1017 (9 x 113). Been doing lots of encoding lately and am hoping to see some dramatic improvements with the time to complete which I am sure I will.

Any thoughts on the Thermaltake Volcano 9?

Last edited:
Back