• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody has the MSI k7T266 Pro 2A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

i'm planning on getting that as a combo along with an XP1800 for $120. Is that a good deal? and good board? tis would be my first 266A board.

So how's the board?

I have almost the same combo as you. FRY's bay area is selling the MSI k266-pro2a + xp2000 for $139 i think. I bought this combo about 4 weeks ago for $159, so it has come down in price.

The board is very stable and did not give me any problems upon setup. The FSB is set at 142 and is stable.

hope this helps.

I've got the older MSI k266-pro, and its personally one of the best 'clockable boards i've ever used... totally stable, and good voltage adjustment... easy to use bios and has my current memory at 158fsb with no glitches... if the 2a is similar quality then i'll be jumping for one in the next couple of months... :)

hth... :)

I got one. I maxed out the FSB in the BIOS twice now, 164 FSB. I wish it allowed higher FSB speeds, that's my only complaint. My stuff could do 166, maybe a tad more, I'm sure of it!

Other than that it's a fine board. Watch out if you plan to use a GF4 MX card though, there's a bug with that combo, but MSI fixes it for free.

--Illah

Back