• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dot glitch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravenous85

Registered
Hi,

Today I bought a new Gainward Gf4 Ti4200 card, and when playing games I sometimes get rows of white dots across the screen. I think I have the 30.82 drivers right now.. where can I get drivers rather than the Nvidia website, because I think that is the problem. Thanks

actualy i think it is the card, i have one of those cards too. i have heard of it hapening to other gainward owners too. i would suggest an rma.

You have one of those cards too eh? What drivers are you using, and where can I get them from? I have never done an RMA (whatever it is) before and I would be really bummed out if I just got screwed by Gainward.

i am using the drivers that came with Win XP. and i dont really think gainward screwed you, it just got past them. I have never done an RMA before either, but from what i have heard, it is fairly easy. just curious as to where you bought the card?

well then, if you didnt buy it off the net, then just take it back and tell them it is defective.

Yeah so far it has only been happening in games, but it seems in games where it actually has to "work" such as JK2 and newer games. The dots are about 20 rows across and 7 columns high. The dots usually happen within the first few minutes. Oh - thanks for the link :)

EDIT: it seems all the drivers, such as the 40, only work with XP? Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

if you are overclocking the mem on the card it could be set too high causing those little dots, also if your also overclocking your fsb pretty high you could be getting agp tearing, turn everything to default and see if it still happens.

Back