• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Addict

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

major

I can't believe I'm getting the OCA (overclocking addict) bug again. Been sailing along at 504 with my little ole 300A in a BX6 with air cooled Alpha I got from Joe C I believe, when they were first offered a long time ago. Experimented with TECs (peltiers), have a case with 4 extra muffin fans and the power supply mounted outside the rear of the chassis to improve upwards air flow through the top of the case. Finally throttled down to 450 MHz so I could shut off 3 of my 4 muffin fans because of the noise. Since heat rises, I left the one on top of my case on. So I thought I was safe, but no. So here I'm trying to catch up on a few years progress. I can see there are those still wanting to know which motherboard or CPU is the best. Is there no hope in this insatiable desire to achieve the impossible? I sure hope not.

So now I'm gonna do it again with a little ole P4 in another Abit board; probably the IT7 Max2. But for now I'll just keep visiting Pricewatch & watch the numbers go down.

Back