• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM5 and sensor questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stereosteve99

I have a giga-byte board running an 1800 xp.

There are 3 temp readouts,

1= 22C
2=52C
3=42C

These were the readouts on the mbm5 program,

What do these mean?

Also what does ambient and die temps mean?

alright, the highest one is the CPU. #2. its a bit high btw

depending on a few factors, like your case airflow and ambient temp, u can tell what the other 2 temps are. i believe there is a listing of what each sensor does on MBM5's website.

post back any other questions.

what does ambient temp mean?

The temps are high because it is a giga-byte board and it is in socket temp reading..

I just ordered some AC3 today too.

ambient temp is the current room temp. 1= system, 2= CPU and I'm not sure about 3. 52°c is high but the probes on the gigabyte are not 100% accurate either, but even if it's off by 5°c, 47°c is still to high for idle. What kind of cooling are you running?

I know that the 2 sensor is cpu temp, When I took the case sides off the 3rd sensor began to drop. So I assume the 22 must be the northbridge, there is a fan on it, so does that seem right?

i have an amd 2200 and mbm5 but my temps are a lil diff cpu temp is 27 and mobo is 30 and temp 3 is -55 and never changes room temp is 26 :eh?:

Back