• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid help for the KR7A-133R please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1st Ranger

Registered
Here's the problem. After I got my new computer up and running, everyting was great. I was only using IDE ports 1&2, though, and I tried to hook my old HD from my old computer (code named Frankenstein, you should have seen it) onto IDE 3 on the hightpoint array. I enabled the raid array in my bios, and the bios recognises the drive, but when Windows XP Home starts, there is a hickup every 4-5 seconds. It is both visual and audible. I had my soundcard hooked into PCI slot 5, which as it turned out is sharing an IRQ with the hightpoint array, so I changed it to PCI slot 6. I had hoped that this would fix the problem, but it didn't. I have updated the Via 4in1 drivers, and all the hardware on my computer has the most updated drivers(as of about a month ago). I really don't know what to try next. I'd like to say I've tried everything, but I'm sure there's stuff to try that I'm not even aware of. What do you all think? Any help would be appreciated. THanks.

1st Ranger

KR7A-133R
Athalon XP 2000+
512 Mb Crucail pc2100 DDR SDRAM
Chaintek GF3 Ti200
Maxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM HD
TDK 40/12/48x CD R/W
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum
BroadXent V92 Modem
Iomega ZIP 100 (Hey, it still has its uses!)
Windows XP home

Yeah Ranger, that seems to be your problem. You will need at least 2 hard drives in a RAID array to make it function properly.

Your not running it on RAID right, so no need for a second HDD. Which BIOS is the controller using & which driver are you using with it?

Thanks for the reply gents. I am not running a raid setup. I just hooked my old HD up to the raid array so that I could pull any old files I still wanted, Reformat and use it for holding MP3s or something like that. The raid's BIOS is using the HPT 370/372 version 2.31 and the driver version is 2.0.1019.0. I haven't checked yet to see if there is a newer version, but as of about a month and a half ago, this was the most current. I'll try again, though.

1st Ranger

Try the 2.31 drivers, the 2.0 drivers are similar to the XP RAID drivers that can cause a lot of headaches. If you cant find them at High Point's website, latest is 2.32, I'll attach them here.

Back