• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't find a good video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw a couple of bargains here....
http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=VCD

But you'll need to squeeze another few bucks out of your budget for something special. Pricewatch is listing gf3ti200s at a lowest of 85 so the 79 there is a deal, MSI are good cards too. PW is listing 7500s at $52 though. Though those appear to be an SDRAM version????!!

I don't think I'd recommend the MX420 to anyone, the MX440 maybe, but to get a decent one you're at the same price as the Gf3ti200 above with no direct X 8.1 features. So, mow a couple of lawns or something.

regards,

Road Warrior

Jay23: Hey neighbour!

Do what I did....talk your girlfriend into getting you a Geforce4 Ti 4600 and tell her it will bring you 2 closer together. J/K....I would recommend the Geforce3ti200 much like RoadWarrior said. I had that once. Good card.

for you PRICE RANGE your best bang would be a Radeon 7500 64 DDR by either Sapphire or ATI built or a Powercolour brand that come clocked just like retail built ATI 7500

you may even be able to find a G3Ti200 for about 70 used on the video sound for sale forum

cisco kid

Since you seem to be very budget-oriented, I would say that a Radeon 7500 would be the best. While its not as fast as the Ti200, the difference is not that large IMHO to justify the extra cost, if you're tight on cash. Also, you get better image quality as well :)

The 7500 can be had for $62 here, but MAKE SURE that you get the DDR version. SDR would be shooting yourself in the foot.

Back