• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what cpu is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nico3k

hi. i found this cpu laying around somewhere.
i know its a pentium1 and socket, but i dont know anything else.

if anyone has any idea about what cpu this is, or what COOLING it needs, plz let me know.

CPU FRONT:

that is a pent 1 100mhz socket 7.Just a Stock fan and heatsink And If ur board has jumpers u could get 133mhz out of it The last set of three numbers tell u what it is a80502[100] see

If you can get a decent ocing mobo and the rest of the components you need, 200 mhz is pretty common :)

Not that it will be competitive with a P4 mind you :), but you'll be able to say that you have a computer with a 100% overclock:D

(I had a 133 that did 266 in a DFI super socket 7 board :) )

looktall said:

actually it's operational voltage is 3.1-3.6v.
and it can be used in either a socket 7 or a socket 5 mobo, with either a 50mhz or 66mhz fsb.

i stand corrected...
it was Pentium MMX CPU's that used the 2.8Vcore

Yeah, that's a P100 of c0 stepping which means it has a 1.5x and a 2x multiplier. I've had one of these running at 166 with a good cooler on it. Using 2x 83Mhz. It is real marginal at 166, and for reliability in all seasons 2x75 for 150 is better. I kinda doubt even if you manage to find a board that supports 3.6V or higher that you'll get it to 200.

As big tex says, if you have multiplier jumpers on an older socket 5 or 7 board and no bus speed other than stock you'll get 133 out of it.
However, at 2x83, for 166 it benchmarks as fast as a P200.
regards,

Road Warrior

I say....

I say mod the **** out of an older P1 board and see if you can really clock it out....if you hit 300Mhz I give ya $50.....run it till it starts on fire.....or explodes, that'd be even cooler.

Re: I say....

Clarpet said:
I say mod the **** out of an older P1 board and see if you can really clock it out....if you hit 300Mhz I give ya $50.....run it till it starts on fire.....or explodes, that'd be even cooler.

can i go in on that :)
got a 94 watt pelt and a water cooler on standy :D

rogerdugans said:
If you can get a decent ocing mobo and the rest of the components you need, 200 mhz is pretty common :)

Not that it will be competitive with a P4 mind you :), but you'll be able to say that you have a computer with a 100% overclock:D

(I had a 133 that did 266 in a DFI super socket 7 board :) )
WOW, i wounder how high i can get my P233 w/MMX on a new motherboard.....:rolleyes:

I say....

I say we start a "old cpu overclocking club" and clock the he77 out of some old processors. I got a couple of K6's lying around ...if I can find an old K6 board that actually works, I let you guys know what I can do with it. I say we all get ahold of CPU's ranging from the slowest and oldest up to no more than 250Mhz or so and even get some older dual socket boards and see just how high we can go...set 'em on fire guys...

Fiddle around with the undoc clock jumper settings see if you can find 60Mhz, I have a couple of 486 boards that can do it :D a DX60 outbenches a dx2-80 in some stuff. Took an original Dx50 to do that though. UMC U5s 33Mhz does 60 VERY nice though, needs only a sink no fan. Also 5x86 100GP runs nice at 60x2.

regards,

Road Warrior

[

Great idea!! :) I got a P233MMX lying in a corner with a Gigabyte GA-586HX. I'm gonna go overclock that now! I wonder how high I can go. I will congratulate myself if I get it up to 400Mhz.

After vid pinning my PIII 800EB to a default of 1.85V and started running it at 2.10V's, I lost all my fear about burning things. My PIII WILL probably burn some months down the line but I don't really care! It's on its last stand before I find a good mobo for my 1.6A. I even ran my PIII at 2.4V's for a little while just to see what would happen and it didn't burn! (but it got hella hot). I bet I could get my P233 to burn though! I'll post you pics of it if it catches fire.

One question: How can I volt mod this old GA-586HX mobo?

Back