• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Led

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im also gonna do the glow pad mod, and ice wheel, i got all the supplies to do it, i just need a cloth or something black to place on top of the acrylic.

For the ice mods, get two of the very bright ones. Paint the inside of the mouse white, and the angle won't matter anymore. The brighter ones also have a whiter light for that cyan ice effect.

The ones toward the bottom would be much bluer, but at the cost of alot of brightness. You'd need 10 or 12 of them to make the mouse satisfy your needs.

Lusankya said:
mousepad with glowing edges mod (guessing I would want a large angle for this one)

You don't need any kind of specialized LED. You cant get a nice fiber-optic effect if you drill a 5mm hole (or 3mm, depending on the LED you're using) and push the LED half-way in. You could use multiple holes and LEDs to increase the intensity.

then you could just dremel or sand off the round portion of the bulb that is sticking out. Then add a rasied base, wire everything up, adhere a mousing mat on-top, and you're done.

I did this in reverse by using a ball mouse and translucent pad. I drilled some holes and put LEDs inside of it to create the effect shown here...
0_m_dark.jpg

I'm thinking about drilling holes to put red LEDs in the mouse pad itself so I can get an even more dramtic effect :)

Back