• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need cooling, can't get Thermalright!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimboZ88

I'm trying to find a heatsink for an overclocked XP1600, but For the life of me, i CANNOT find the Thermalright AX-7 anywhere in my area! (Or anything Thermalright) I live in canada, british columbia to be exact, and you would think that living in a large city like Vancouver i would be able to find it, but no. I checked these websites...
www.ncix.com
www.anitec.ca
www.a-power.com
www.fronet.com

If there are any other better heatsink/fans on these sites, please let me know, because i don't know anything about cooling. I really want something from either of these stores, so if someone could look at those sites and tell me the best one for my money, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

The heatsinks i was looking at were the Tt Volcano 7 for AMD Duron/Athlon 80mm fan, and the Cooljag JAC152A microfins heatsink and fan(5000RPM) should i get a Cooljag, a volcano, or something else that you found on the sites i've listed? I cannot find anything from Swiftech, Thermalright, or SIBAK, which all seem to be awesome, but unfortunatly unavailable in my area.
Ps.if someone does find a website/store in my area (Vancouver, B.C.) that sells Swiftech, Thermalright, or SIBAK heatsinks, please post it!

Thank you for your time
Jason Zavarella

PS-I am willing to spend up to $40(Canadian Funds)

Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
Newegg.com does not ship internationally. At this time we only ship within the United States and Puerto Rico.

Don't wory about buying the top perorming HSF. It is nice to have, but remember the difference between the top performing heatsinks is very small these days. Swiftec and alpha are very very close behind thermalright. As Alphas are not in fashion anymore, I have noticed a few tasty bargains around on these HSF.

kevmarks said:
Don't wory about buying the top perorming HSF. It is nice to have, but remember the difference between the top performing heatsinks is very small these days. Swiftec and alpha are very very close behind thermalright. As Alphas are not in fashion anymore, I have noticed a few tasty bargains around on these HSF.

Although they have great mounting, the SLK800 preforms real well though, 0.1 C/W over the Swifty and 0.13 C/W over the Alpha. My friend went from an MC462-A to a SLK800 degrees dropped 12 celius under load.

Thermaltake Volcano 7+ is awesome and can basically be boughten at any location. Good luck on your search bro and maybe you'll go for the 7+ !

DS-Master

Yodums said:

What I'd recommend. Their prices are pretty ok (I don't know what about shipping prices but their actual retail prices look good matching the exchange rate).

My honest opinion is for all you People in Canada to expell Yodels from Canada..... Since Yodels doesn't believe in the concept of working its no loss to the Canadian economy.

I suggest you expell Yodels and place him just over the Canadian and US Border (On the USA side)

Now all Yodels needs is a broadband connection of any type, and a place for him to ride his bicycle. So The Niagra falls area will be ok

Now you Canadians if you follow this proposal will have a contact that will Buy your Shtuff in the USA and Yodels will send it to you.

But then again you have to ponder how effecient Yodels is and decide if you want him as your remailer :beer: :D :beer:

(Plus your boxes most likely will be spray painted PINK :beer: :beer:

Silversinksam said:

My honest opinion is for all you People in Canada to expell Yodels from Canada..... Since Yodels doesn't believe in the concept of working its no loss to the Canadian economy.

I suggest you expell Yodels and place him just over the Canadian and US Border (On the USA side)

Now all Yodels needs is a broadband connection of any type, and a place for him to ride his bicycle. So The Niagra falls area will be ok

Now you Canadians if you follow this proposal will have a contact that will Buy your Shtuff in the USA and Yodels will send it to you.

But then again you have to ponder how effecient Yodels is and decide if you want him as your remailer :beer: :D :beer:

(Plus your boxes most likely will be spray painted PINK :beer: :beer:

Are you serious LOL. I think I should stay away from someone that dangerous..... bah! ;)

DS-Master

I live in BC as well, and I order most of my stuff from mlhsystems.com in Winnipeg, or from case-mod.com in the US. Case-mod has great prices and even with shipping your order should be less than buying locally. I bought an AX7 for $25US thats about $39 CDN. The cheapest I found in Vancouver is $50 at www.ntcw.com.

I spent $117cdn(incl shipping)+$12cdn (when it got to me) at case-mod and I priced buying everything in Vancouver, and it was over $200cdn (incl tax).

Good Luck!

If you want local try www.atic.ca (Vancouver) but make sure you know what you are getting, they have bad service, and it is hard to return stuff to them.

Jeff.

Back