• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 7+ fan speed doesn't have an effect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

derek

Registered
I have 7+ on a 2.26/IT7 board running at 150 fsb. I installed it using artic silver 3.

Under load(Seti) the cpu runs 21-22 degress above system temp. Right now that is 53.5. Even at the highest speed this doesn't seem to cool any better than the stock HSF.

I tried adjusting fan speed, but I do not see a difference. I let the system run a couple of hours between changes.

I have the side of the case off, but I would have expected to see some difference when the fan was running at >7000 rpm.

I think that I may reinstall the 7+, but I hate to do that if it is not necessary.

Any ideas?

Do you notice a difference in noise when you chance between speeds?

Remount it, make sure you have good contact and enough--but not too much-- AS3.

Definitely remount it. With the stock heat sink/fan my highest temp was 47 @133. Now my highest temp is 43 @150 with the Volcano 7+.

Good luck,
Paul

Thank you for the replies, I will try reinstalling it. I do hear a difference in sound and the speed in hardware doctor does go up, on high it is 6027 rpm. But the difference with the system temp is always 20-21 degrees no matter what speed it is on.

Back